Monday 21 March 2011

Looks/Personality Scale: Inverse Relationship

Beauty lies in the beholders eye… we all know that. Yet every time a guy friend asks me if one of my girl friends is hot… I mumble and put forth a lame and awkward reply. If they’re hot… it is easy. But if they’re not… it is awkward. This is how a conversation went between my friend and me.

A: Bruvvvv M’s coming to visit in 10 days!!
K: cool. Is she hot?
A: what does it matter… she’s my friend.
K: yea… but is she hot?
A: She’s really funny! Omg the other day we were talking and-
K: is she hot?
A: she’s really sweet dude… like really really sweet…
K: is she hot?
A: I think she’s pretty… but dude she’s just so sweet
K: it’s a simple question… is she hot?
A: well, she’s…
K: yes or no?
A: just see for yourself!
K walks over to the other guys
K:  “yea she isn’t hot”

Our friends fall into two categories: hot friends and friends with great personality. It’s the best and easiest way to dodge THE question. Except, now everyone knows the secret.

Apart from dodging the question… in my personal opinion, this is rather true. It is very rare that a really hot individual possesses an equally hot personality. These two qualities: general looks and personality, share an inverse relationship. Very few individuals possess both the qualities, at the same level.

I researched, hoping there would be some statistics to back my point, but only found subjective forums and discussions, similar to mine on search engines. However, the fact that other people too think the same way like me… shows there must be some element of accuracy behind my claim?



All I’m saying is, there is ‘Hot and Spicy chicken’ and ‘Sweet and Sour pork’ on the menu, but no dish as ‘Hot and Sweet chicken’ available.

A rare combination; if found, hold on to them as demand is huge and supply is low.

Hakuna Matata. 

No comments:

Post a Comment